[Click here for a list of our group’s publications]
Group Alumni Achievements
- Graduate students that graduated from our group are currently employed at Intel, Argonne National Laboratory, Brookhaven National Laboratory, General Electric, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Schlumberger
- International-level IEEE Council on Superconductivity Graduate Study Fellowship in 2016 and 2017 (only five awarded worldwide)
- International-level Alexander Shikov Award for the best student paper of the 2016 Applied Superconductivity Conference
- National-level Golden Key scholar award
- Best Ph.D. dissertation award from the Cullen College of Engineering in 2017 and 2019
- One of only 100 students nationwide to attend the ARPA-E Innovation Summit in 2014 and 2017.
- Organized the first chapter of the Materials Research Society at the University of Houston and served as first president and vice president of the chapter.
- One of the undergraduate students that conducted research on solar cells in his laboratory at the Energy Research Park won the best research poster award at the Emerging Researchers National Conference in STEM at Washington D.C., top honors in the university-wide undergraduate research day competition and Ford Foundation scholarship. She will pursue a Ph.D. at Yale University starting Fall 2018.
- 78 peer-reviewed publications have been co-authored by our students since 2013. Our students are first authors in 42 of these papers.
- Ph.D. students selected to present a Young Scientist Plenary Lectures at the International Applied Superconductivity Conference, Seattle, 2018 and Magnet Technology Conference, Vancouver, 2019